In addition to the tracking capabilities of Tracker
Retrieve, Tracker Alert offers you further peace of
mind: It keeps a watchful eye over your parked vehicle.
With the latest motion-sensing technology, Tracker Alert
can activate Tracker’s extensive recovery arsenal if
your vehicle moves in an ‘armed’ state.
Tracker Alert is approved by major insurers and motor
manufacturers with capabilities in neighbouring
countries such as Lesotho, Swaziland and Mozambique.
- Tracker enjoys a unique partnership with the South
African Police Service (SAPS), which operates on a
nationwide basis in South Africa.
- Tracker provides the SAPS with an effective,
internationally-proven weapon in the war against vehicle
- Tracker is the only fully comprehensive Stolen Vehicle
Recovery System used in conjunction with the SAPS.
- Tracker has achieved more recoveries which has led to
more arrests than any tracking company in Africa.
- The tracking unit can only be activated or deactivated
by Tracker's National Secure Operating Centre.
- Tracker is suitable for all vehicles and approved by
- Tracker is one of the most affordable systems available
on the market
- Tracker is one of the fastest growing systems, with more
than 10 000 units being installed every month.
- When you install Tracker, you could qualify for a
substantial discount on your insurance premiums or an
incentive from your insurance company.
- Tracker's network covers 98% of South Africa's
- Tracker has some 1 300 vehicles and 50 aircraft in its
How does it work?
- When Tracker Alert is installed in your vehicle, you
will be given a fully automatic Tracker Alert key fob
- When you park your vehicle, the Tracker Alert unit
automatically turns on once the keyfob has been removed from
- When the vehicle starts moving again, the Tracker Alert
system attempts to establish a connection with the key fob.
A connection will only be established if the key fob is in
- If, after the predetermined time, a signal is not
received from the key fob (indicating that you are not in
the car), Tracker Alert sends an alarm notification to
Tracker’s Secure Operating Centre.
- Tracker’s Secure Operating Centre will then contact you
to enquire whether or not you are aware that your vehicle is
- If you confirm that the movement is unauthorised, your
vehicle’s Tracker System will be activated through the
normal Tracker procedures and protocols, and the recovery
process will start immediately.
- Tracker Alert is not an anti-hijacking system – it
simply lets you know if your vehicle has been moved without
- For the system to be effective it is vital that you
never leave the fob in the car and we advise that you don’t
attach it to your car keys. Rather carry it in your pocket,
wallet or handbag.
- Each client is entitled to two free “false alerts” per
month – thereafter there will be a charge of R15 per false